Friday, February 18, 2011

A Single Step

A single step toward what?  A new world?  A better world?  Could there be anything better?  How can I be happier with less.  Is less really more? 

I am writing this blog as a way to get some ideas floating around.  Ideas that I hope will inspire you.  To do better at being a responsible human being.  To do better at feeling responsible for the planet.  To live a more simplified life.  And I hope along the way you realize that you don't have to drastically change your life to be called a "treehugger".  Making little changes one step at a time can make big impacts on our world. 

Margaret Mead says, "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." And I absolutely believe this to be true. I used to believe that nothing I could do could change anything.  I never believed I could change the world, or peoples opinions.  But then somebody asked me- Why do you do what you do then? 

And I had to answer that I guess I do really think things can change.  For the better.  And they will- as we each learn little ways that we can do our part. To take care of the beautiful place which we live. 

I will try to post regularly- but no committments! I suck at committments. 
Let's find out what we can do together!

3 comments:

  1. Kara I'm way excited for this!! And you do so many good and worthwhile things, so don't ever think you need to be more than "just" a mother!!! Because you're an excellent one and you are giving your awesome knowledge to them. Love your guts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good Kara. I'd love to hear some ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being a mother is changing the world. There is no greater calling nor more effort put into something worthwhile as rearing responsible children. But you must be able to spell believe correctly more than once. You, my darling daughter, are a great champion...you are a MOTHER.
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete