Sunday, March 6, 2011

While your at it...

So I guess to go right along with the last post, I wanted to say a few things about planting your own garden.  Everyone needs to get outside and grow something for themselves at least once in their lives.  Feel a connection to the earth.  If you get personal with mother nature, you feel more responsible about how you treat her.  There is little better than picking and eating a home-grown, garden fresh vegetable that you grew yourself!  I love to feel the dirt in my hands, and see what I can create. 

Growing plants is literally a MIRACLE.  I know all the science of it, but it is still so fascinating to me to see plants with such substance come from NOTHING.  A teeny, tiny seed.  There has been research where a scientist planted  a willow tree in a pot for 5 years.  The soil was weighed before and after and there was only a difference of  2 OUNCES.  Isn't that amazing?   I've included a pic of my garden a while ago.  I know I have lots more of my various gardens but this is all I could find.

So try your herb garden first, and then move on to a vegetable garden.  Even if you only grow tomatoes or carrots(or both) in a pot on your patio.  You might find that you enjoy it more than you thought.  It does feel great to "get fresh" with mother nature!

No comments:

Post a Comment