Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Reuse

I was kind of waiting for more people to comment on my last post.  Thanks for the support from my husband!

REDUCE REUSE RECYCLE
Today I'm posting about reuse.  There are many things that you can reuse that are easy to think of- like clothing (hand-me-downs).  Don't be timid to do your clothes shopping at a second-hand store.  Some of my most favorite things come from Savers or D.I.  If you're that imbarresed tell yourself you're doing it for the environment (but it doesn't hurt to save some dough too!).
 
I'll tell you what- I reuse the HECK out of scraps of paper here at my house.  Paper is not thrown away unless there is no more reusable room on it.  I have been thinking I should take a pic of some of my lists, just so I could use it for this post, but I never got around to it.

I reuse all plastic containers from the grocery store.  Sour cream, Peanut butter, cool whip all of these containers are great for storing stuff.  The sour cream and coolwhip containers I use for leftovers or when I'm making dinner to take to somebody.  That way if they don't come back- no big deal!

I really liked it when the formula cans were tin.  I used those for loads of things.  I store my rice in them.  I've used them for candy jars.  Here are some pics of just a few of the containers I have reused.

 
Repurpose old stuff.  If you are thinking of getting rid of something, use your imagination and see if you can come up with something else to use it for.  Refinish it.  Use it in another room.  Let the kids have it.  Whatever, but try to make do with less, so that you don't always have to go rushing out to buy excess stuff!  Here are a few pics I found that I thought were pretty creative ways to reuse old stuff.

 

 

I'd love to hear your comments on this one too.

3 comments:

  1. I could really improve in this area. I am such a declutter nut that I toss everything, but I do put what I can in the recycle. I'll work on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the lightbulb candles, but my favorite is the magazine dress, maybe you can make one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kind of a cleaver post. But you did misspell Embarrassed. I will try to be more conservative.

    ReplyDelete